Dear Club Families,
The Club will be temporarily extending full-day programs into the fall season, following the schools’ announcement to move to Plan B operating model.
PLAN B Operating Model
Members in grades K-2 will be able to be back in school full-time for face-to-face instruction, therefore effective 9/21, the Club will not be offering programs for K-2 students during the school day until further notice.
3rd – 12th graders
· In the coming weeks, members in grades 3-12 will be attending school in person two days a week on either the “A” or “B” schedule.
o Group A will attend Club programs on Tuesdays and Fridays only
o Group B will attend Club programs Mondays and Thursdays only
· HCPS has designated Wednesdays as virtual learning only for all students. Wednesday programs will be divided at the Boys & Girls Club as follows:
o Group A: Wednesdays in October ONLY
o Group B: Wednesdays in November ONLY
o December: TBD
FOR MEMBERS WHO WILL REMAIN IN VIRTUAL LEARNING ONLY – If your child will not be receiving face-to-face instruction at school, in order to continue operating in strict cohorts, the Club will assign your child to either Group A or Group B. Your child may only attend Club programs twice weekly and on designated Wednesdays with their assigned group.
OTHER OPERATING REQUIREMENTS
· Members must arrive on their designated days between 7:30 and 8 a.m. ONLY. Dismissal is from 3:30 to 4 p.m.
· Parents/guardians must be present for their child’s health screening prior to entry. Youth must have a temperature less than 100.4 and may not be experiencing any COVID-related symptoms. Members exposed to Coronavirus or with any associated symptoms may not attend the Club for 14 days or until cleared in writing by a medical provider. Siblings in the household will be excluded as well, pending medical clearance.
· Morning hours (8 a.m. – noon) are devoted exclusively to virtual learning. Members must bring their school-issued devices to engage with their teachers online for the duration of the morning and must complete schoolwork daily at the Club to attend.
· Regular attendance is required. Members may miss no more than 5 days within the date range of 9/24 -12/30. Attendance will be audited regularly and membership may be revoked if the member does not meet this requirement. (COVID absences with medical documentation are excused.)
· Masks are mandatory for members throughout the duration of the program day.
· Members must wash their hands hourly.
· Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
· Club transportation will not be available.
Please call the Club’s front desk at (828) 693-9444 to place your child on the waiting list for fall attendance. You must know your child’s assigned school group (A or B) in order to proceed. As always, Club operations remain contingent on community health and may be reduced or temporarily suspended as circumstances evolve.